Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kitchen Island redo

I am loving having a full size kitchen with lots of space to put fun kitchen items!
There is one thing about our kitchen that has always bugged me and that is the kitchen island
It was painted a cracked black, which is popular but not really my style and also it wasnt in the best shape

Before:
So I decided to do my research and take the project on myself to refinish the island and make it Fab!

After:
Its hard to tell from the picture but I sanded, painted, stained, protected and added some fun decorations to the corners!

I think it brightens up the kitchen and adds some shabby chic to our home, which I LOVE!

Now lets see how it holds up!

4 comments:

it's just lisa said...

Wow!! Great job! You are so superwomanish :)

georgeandmarie said...

Great Job!! It looks fantastic!!

...I Thought I Loved You Then said...

Hey Michelle! I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks back through Facebook, and just had to comment and let you know that you have a BEAUTIFUL family and are so crafty! I love your decorating style - your home is gorgeous, by the way :) Hope you are doing great! And congrats on baby #2!

- Emily (Fisher) Brady

mabeybowman said...

You're awesome! Looks great!